Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Live Happy Be Happy :): Holiday Shopping

Live Happy Be Happy :)

A Way To Keep up with the Raike's!

Friday, November 25, 2005

Holiday Shopping

Well, I must admit that I am a crazed day after Thanksgiving shopper. Thanks to my mother I have been hooked for a good many years now. This year, despite having to work, was no different. The funny part is that my anti-shopping husband was up and out the door before I even got up at 5 am. He got up at 4:30 and headed out to Best Buy to get a big screen tv, well it ended up being more of a hassle and we didn't get one. I on the other hand scored some deals, started at Michaels, Media Play, Office Max (wouldn't wait in a mile long line though), and Target. Got some good deals and will head back after work to try and score a few more. Here are a few facts though about this wonderful day.
* Although many believe the Friday after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year, it is not. It is the fifth to tenth busiest day.
* The Friday (12/22 this year) and Saturday (12/23) before Christmas are the two busiest shopping days of the year.
* This year, it is estimated the average family will spend $1,161 on gifts and a total of $1,684 on holiday-related items.
* Last year, 44 percent of Indiana families spent more than they budgeted during the holiday season.

*Nine of the top 10 busiest shopping days of the year are in December.
I am thankful for holidays and for the time spent with family. I am thankful to be able to buy gifts for family and for seeing the smiles on their faces and appreciation in their hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home